This Week We Love is taking a break from the usual format to bring you a special 4th of July roundup! We're posting it a little early so you have time to order things online if necessary. Plus, check out our tips for looking patriotic without looking costumey.
1) Lucky Brand Tank. Honestly, I could have posted this link to Lucky Brand and been done with the whole post. They offer so many cute, non-cheesy, flag and flag-inspired items, and all the complements you need to go with them.
2) Nordstrom Scarf. Pair this with a tee and shorts, or a basic tank dress and you're all set. The look and price are on-point, and you can use it year after year!
3) Old Navy Tee. Skip the typical Old Navy Flag tee, invest a few extra dollars, and get this one instead--it looks so much nicer, and the neckline is a lot more flattering! Old Navy has great Americana gear for the whole family though, so check it all their options here.
4) Etsy Tank. Not everything has to be red, white and blue. This olive green tank looks sophisticated, and still patriotic. It's also a subtle nod to our military.
5) Born Wedges. Not feeling flaggy? No problem. Show your true colors through color! A red sandal gives just the right amount of 4th of July feeling. These wedges are so comfortable, you'll be able to go from parade to BBQ to fireworks and still feel great!
6) Stripe Tote. Most of the summer this bag will have a nautical feel, but on July 4, it will look decidedly patriotic. Big enough to hold all your essentials, and with a convenient cross body strap, this is the perfect bag to take with you on a 4th of July weekend getaway
7) Statement Necklace Got a white tee and a denim skirt? Add this and you've got an outfit that's patriotic AND chic!
Read on to find out how to stay on the right side of the looking patriotic vs. ridiculous line!
How do you keep from looking like an extra in a Disney Americana parade? The key is moderation!
Pick one thing. Just one. Like a flag scarf, or a flag tee, or a red sandal, or a.... you get the idea. It's when we layer all the things together that it starts to look less "I love my country" and more "I should be committed"! Show restraint in your 4th of July ensemble, and let your love for this great land shine through!
Also, pops of blue and red look great against white, so when it doubt, pair a white tee and jeans (or denim shorts/skirt) with your patriotic gear. You can't go wrong. Keep your accessories neutral. This is a great time for cognac sandals and a simple handbag.
Leave the stuff that lights up to the kids. You can look patriotic without shopping at the dollar store for your accessories!
Have a fun, safe and fabulous 4th of July!
Want more Summer Style advice? Click here to get the free guide to 5 items every summer wardrobe needs!