There are a couple of sales I look forward to every year. Of course, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the holy grail of savings events, but there are a few others that get less attention but still deserve a mention. Clarks 2 for $99 summer shoe sale is one of them. (They do 2 for $119 or $129 in the winter) When most people think of Clarks, they think of Ellen DeGeneres' Dessert Boots, and while they are famous for that style, they have some really amazing options to ramp up your everyday style. Clarks are also incredibly well-made, and worth every penny, which makes getting 2 pairs for under $100 a phenomenal deal. Shop the entire sale--which ends July 13--here, but here's a roundup of the best styles of the sale (in my humble opinion!):
1) Viveca Myth-What's not to love about a gold gladiator sandal? This shoe would look amazing with denim shorts and a white tee, or with a dress for church. Remember, metallic shoes are the true neutral. If you don't have metallic shoes, you need some. You'll be shocked at how versatile they are, and how they add style to any outfit. In 3 colors
2) Banoy Tulia- This shoe is everything a grown-up's sandal should be: chic, expensive-looking, and super wearable. The style and color of these shoes goes with absolutely anything, and the stacked heel makes wearing them a lot more comfortable! In 3 colors
3) Perri Cove- You know how I'm always harping on people to get rid of their mangy flip-flops and buy a nicer sandal? This minimalist slide would fit the bill nicely! The comfort footbed is on-trend for Summer 2016, but it's not so trendy that you won't wear it in years to come. In 3 colors.
4) Temira East Wedge-I think Birkenstocks are so cute (especially in metallic) but the super-flat look is really hard for a lot of legs to pull off. This wedge solves the problem. Pair them with shorts or a sundress. Also in black.
5) Glove Puppet- Who loves a good non-athletic sneaker? I do! If your sandals need a break, or you want to store these shoes away for fall, you can't go wrong! The color is adorable, and the perforation is right on-trend. In 4 colors
6) Taylor Shine- If you didn't get on the ankle bootie bandwagon last year, this is a great time to score a deal on the boot you'll wear most when fall rolls around. This classic Chelsea boot will go with everything from ankle jeans to dresses with leggings.
7) Amali Jewel- Need a simple shoe for summer weddings and dressier events? Look no further! I love that the heel isn't crazy high on this one, making it more wearable than a lot of the :"naked shoes" out there this season. In 3 colors.
8) Pastina Lima- Dang, Clarks--when did you go and get sexy? This shoe is begging to be paired with an edgier dress for an evening out. I'd also wear it with dressy shorts and a blouse. See, now I want to buy these shoes and go on date night. Occupational hazard, I guess! You could also wear these with black ankle pants and a conservative top to work, too. Also in sage.
9) Taylor Spring- Here's another one you'll have tuck away for a bit, but in a few months, you'll be glad you took my advice! Pair this with black ankle pants or jeans and dress up any outfit just a little. This shoe looks expensive and will elevate any casual look.
10) Cala Dor- Simply put, you need this shoe in your life. I am obsessed with block heel ballet pumps, and this is the best price I've seen on one yet. Again, put it in your closet for a couple of months (or not, if you work in an office that's chilly), and then pair it with cropped flare jeans and a blouse or cardigan. Perfection! In 3 colors.
11) Reida Ryan- This is another great everyday sandal that will make you look just a little more put together. The hook and loop ankle strap make them super easy to get on and off. No annoying tiny buckles to work with! The tiny rivets are a nice touch, too. In 3 colors
12) Image Gallery- This snake mule has a super cool retro feel, but is still really modern. Wear it to work or with sundresses...and then in the fall with straight-leg or flare jeans and a tee for a casual, fun look.
Let me know in the comments which of my choices you like best (or if there were any you think should have made this list). And speaking of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I'll be sharing my picks each day in my VIP Facebook group. Click here to join!