Each month, one of our sponsors brings you a few pro tips. This month we've got 31's Freddie Eklund talking about handbags!
Do you love it when people say “wow, she really has it together”? One way to exude organization and a polished look is planning a carry solution set for the day. When getting dressed in the morning, think of your bags as being a part of your outfit. Many of us ponder about what purse to take for a night out, but rarely ever put consideration into the totes and thermals bags we carry for everyday use that could make our life so much easier.
Top Tips to make yourself look more put-together:
1) Make sure the bag you choose for the day’s activity is large enough to hold all of your items without being overstuffed. Try as much as possible to condense the total number of bags you carry.
2) Think about the types of items you will be taking with you and choose your bag accordingly.
For example, bringing a dozen cupcakes to a party? Choose a wide sturdy bag to prevent smushing them. Taking your kids to the pool? Think something large and light and a coordinating thermal for cold drinks. Heading to the office? Look more presentable in a fashionable & durable faux leather bag with room for your files and tablet.
3) If you are carrying many different pieces inside your bag, choose something with compartments or add zipper pouches. Both options will make items easy to find and prevent the dreaded chaos by the end of the day. Pouches are also super convenient for transferring your necessities to a new bag. The swap-it-pocket is perfect for organizing small items in your purse: www.mythirtyone.com/fairfax/shop/Catalog/ItemDetail/8444
4) Use bags to add a pop of color to your outfit. If you tend to wear bright colors, a neutral like navy or grey and a subtle pattern like swiss dots or pin stripes works the best.
5) Make it your own! Monograms are in again this season orshare your personality through graphics. Check out the brand-new thirty-one graphics collection perfect for fall: www.mythirtyone.com/fairfax/shop/Catalog/BrowseCatalog?collectionId=GraphicCollection
6) It’s ok to splurge! Consider a more expensive bag if it means you get something that will last and work for you for many years to come.
7) Invest in a nice thermal if you take a lunch to work. Taking Tupperware containers in grocery bag is a big no-no. Choose your thermal based on the size of your lunch and the container(s) it is usually packed in.
See some examples of great thermals here: www.mythirtyone.com/fairfax/shop/Catalog/BrowseCatalog?categoryId=S106
8) Avoid online shopping when you aren’t sure what you are looking for. Amazon is amazing for many things, but you can avoid buyer’s remorse by seeing the size in person, feeling the material, scrutinizing the quality and making sure the straps are comfy.
Contact Freddie Eklund, an Indepedent Senior Director with Thirty-one, for help with all things bags & organization. She can be reached at email@example.com. Be sure to check out ideas for your bag solution sets at www.fairfaxbags.com & enter to win a free bag when you joinwww.facebook.com/groups/thirtyonebags.