Plus-Size Fashion has come a long way in the last few years. Retailers are finally catching on that women can be BOTH fashionable and over a size 14 (or 12, or 10 in some cases) If you want to shop in brick-and mortar stores, Lane Bryant and Nordstrom's Encore department are my favorite places to take clients. Nordstrom Rack is up there too, in terms of plus-size selection.
But, if you want the really good stuff, you've got to go online. Here are 5 plus-size gems worth checking out! From the top left:
1) Coverstory NYC- Coverstory specializes in modern, minimalist fashion. They carry a variety of brands like Elvi, BB Dakota, and Kiyonna. Sizes vary for each item, but it looks like they start at a US10 and some items go up to 4x. This BB Dakota dress is a fabulous choice for summer, but would work in fall with a denim jacket and ankle boots just as well
2) Eloquii- Eloquii has an interesting story. It used to be Limited's plus-size division, and then sadly, it went out of business.. Eloquii came back independently. (and better than ever) not too long ago. Their vibe is trendy, but grown up and they carry sizes 14-24. I love this embroidered dress. It looks like the black is sold out, but the bright blue is gorgeous, too!
3) Melissa McCarthy/Seven7- Yes, I know her line is in Nordstrom and a bunch of other retailers, but you have to go online to see the entire collection. The line is full of bold, fun pieces (like this colorblock dress) but there are some great basics to be found there as well. I have a few clients who swear by Seven7 jeans, which have been around for ages, and seem to be better for curvy shapes. Sizes available from XS (2) -4X (28)
4) SimplyBe- SimplyBe is a British company that started shipping to the US about 3 years ago. The selection is huge, and they carry sizes 8-28. They're also a great source for wide/extra wide shoes and wide calf boots. While the wide variety of sizes/sty;es/brand can be a little overwhelming to shop, there are some great finds...like this stunning lace skirt/top combo!
5) Universal Standard- Their collection is tiny, but every piece is gorgeous. They have unique styles you won't find anywhere else, and most of their pieces can be dressed up or down. Sizes range from 10-28. I love every piece of the collection, but this capelette is out of this world!
I hope you enjoy these fabulous finds--leave a comment and let me know which piece/line you like the best!